Springtime is officially here! 😀 and there are a lot of posts with great tips on how to spring clean your house. I decided to write a post on 5 ways that you can spring clean your life! 🙂 We all need to do this to improve our lives and I wanted to share with you some strategic ways on how you can do so.
1. YOUR ENVIRONMENT
Of course, I am going to start off with spring cleaning your environment. There is just something about having a clean, de-cluttered and organized space that helps improve your life and your mind. This will also help you be more productive, it will increase your happiness, it will contribute to reducing your stress, and it will benefit your health and overall well-being.
- Start off with de-cluttering and getting rid of things you don’t need or use anymore. You can also get rid of things that simply don’t bring you any happiness or remind you of a bad experience.
- Make a list of all the areas of your home that you want to spring clean and have a designated day for each task.
- Re-arrange your home and organize it in a way that will bring in more space to your home.
I share a little bit more about your environment in this post.
2. DE-CLUTTER YOUR DIGITAL LIFE
What I mean by de-cluttering your “digital life” is to get rid of pictures, documents, files, emails, etc. that you don’t need anymore and that are taking up space on your devices. If you work from home then I am sure that you use your phone and computer constantly, by de-cluttering these you’ll be able to find what you need faster, it will help you stay focused on the task at hand and you will free up extra space on your devices.
3. CLEAR UP YOUR SCHEDULE
There are people that overbook themselves with way too many tasks and responsibilities. So look at your planner or calendar and ask yourself if all those To Do’s that you need to get done are really that important. You need to have some space in between tasks to avoid feeling overwhelmed. We need to learn that we can’t get everything done in just a day, it is best to take it one day at a time. If you find that you’ve overbooked your day with too many things, then try to prioritize them and see which ones can get done the next day.
We need to learn that we can’t get everything done in just a day, it is best to take it one day at a time. If you find that you’ve overbooked your day with too many things, then try to prioritize them and see which ones can get done the next day.
This might mean having to say No more often. Instead of having 10 important things to do in one day, maybe you could drop it down to 5 things. It all depends on your life and what makes you feel good. The point is not to be so busy that you always feel stressed or overwhelmed.
4. GET RID OF NEGATIVITY
If you want to spring clean your life it means you also have to get rid of negativity. You can do this by…
- Thinking more positively. You can read more about thinking positive in this post.
- Get rid of toxic people and instead be around positive people that truly want the best for you and make you happy
- Get rid of things that don’t make you happy
- Don’t consume negative information
- Limit your time on social media
5. SPRING CLEAN YOUR FINANCES
Get rid of old bills, old statements, and go paperless. You can also automate your payments, this will help you save time and some companies give you a percentage off for choosing autopay 😉
Create a financial plan by knowing where your money goes, set some financial goals, and most importantly SAVE.
- Spring clean your environment
- De-clutter your digital life
- Clear up your schedule
- Get rid of negativity
- Spring clean your finances
These are the 5 ways to spring clean your life. I hope you found this post helpful and you found some inspiration to start spring cleaning your life! 🙂